465 Strand, London; upholder (1741–1802)
The son of William Hunter, mariner of St John's, Wapping, apprenticed to Charles Grange on November 1741.
Admitted a freeman of the Upholders’ Company by servitude on 3 August 1749.
Master in 1780.
Bound his son, James Hunter, as apprentice, 1769–77 [Guildhall Library, Upholders’ Company records].
Addresses given at 465 Strand (1769); Bond Street (1786); Lewisham (1794); and Margate, Kent (1802).