Skip to main content

Gorton & Parker (1799-1806)

Gorton & Parker

1 Old Street, Bristol, Somerset; chair makers (fl. 1799–1806)

The firm appears to have occupied the Old Street premises vacated by William Gorton when he moved to Penn Street in 1799. This suggests that the John Gorton, one of the partners, was probably the son of William Gorton.

The partners initially declared their trade as turners and chair makers but from 1805 as cabinet and chair makers. 

Source: DEFM

The original entry from Dictionary of English Furniture Makers, 1660-1840 can be found at British History Online.