Skip to main content

Flanegan, John H (1835-40)

Flanegan, John H., Hereford, carver, gilder, picture frame and looking-glass manufacturer (1835–40). Recorded at St Owen St in 1840, the address given on his trade label. Submitted bills dated September 1835 and December 1836 to Captain N. L. Pateshall, RN of Hereford, for picture frames totalling 13s 9d and 9s 6d. [D; Hereford Lib., Pilley Coll., no. 2305, notebk 3; Herefs. RO, F60/543 and 632]

The original entry from Dictionary of English Furniture Makers, 1660-1840 can be found at British History Online.