Skip to main content

Court, John (1759-1806)

Court, John, Bristol, joiner and cm (1759–d. 1806). In 1775 had a cabinet warehouse at 12 Horse St but in 1784 recorded at Back Horse St. In 1759 took app. named Evans. Retired in 1791 and passed the business to his sons William and Charles. [D; poll bks; S of G, app. index; Furn. Hist., 1976]

The original entry from Dictionary of English Furniture Makers, 1660-1840 can be found at British History Online.