Belcher & Gray
London; cabinet maker and upholsterer (fl. 1769–81)
Addresses given at Brownlow Street, Holborn, 1769–83, and Poultney Street, Golden Square, 1783–84.
In 1779 they supplied beds and bedding for Sir John Griffin London house in New Burlington Street [Essex Record Office, D/DBy/A37/4].
The sale of the firms entire stock in trade on 21 November 1781 by Christie & Ansell, Pall Mall, included ‘Elegant Mahogany Desk and Bookcases, Ditto Commodes, Wardrobes, Sideboards, Library Tables, Bureaus, Chests of Drawers, Dining and Card Tables, Two very Elegant TORTOISHELL Table Clock Cases, an Elegant Inlaid Secretary for a Lady, with a great Variety of Mahogany and Inlaid Articles of the Best Workmanship &c.’